Sunday, September 20, 2009

Jarred Strawberries? Vraiment? Pourquoi Pas?






I went on a random food shopping excursion today at my local Key Food. Key Food is a very ho-hum neighborhood supermarket. It doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't. They have sales, mediocre produce and the usual, predictable staples, but every once in a while I find something interesting. I live in a primarily Mexican neighborhood, so they carry unfamiliar foods in addition to the regular, run-of-the-mill American stuff, which makes it worth not completely avoiding. Once I found lychee-flavored aloe vera drinks-in-a-bag. Another time, I saw blood sausage. Today I was lucky enough to find these tiny delectables: strawberries in a jar. Like maraschino cherries but less plastic, these are actually kind of delicious! The liquid they're preserved in (until October 2012) is more sugary juice than syrup. I would imagine they'd come in handy during girly cocktail hour or on 'build-your-own-sundae day'. Imagine the pancake possibilities!!! Pardon my kvelling, but I've just never seen these before and the superadorable trophy-vase-shaped jar was only 99 cents. Do your mouth (and your wallet) a favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment