Tuesday, September 29, 2009

J'Adore My Dior Catwalk Set



I'm a huge fan of Dior cosmetics.  Not so much their foundations or skincare, which I've never had the pleasure of getting involved in, but their color products get my heart thumping, specifically, their eyeshadows.  The textures of their singles and duos are to die for, and their quints are like tiny pieces of art (mass-produced art that is sold in many different cities and countries all over the world, but pretty fantastic nonetheless.)

This set includes a full-sized DiorShow Blackout Mascara in Kohl Black and a mini-quint in Smoky Light.  I'm generally a Chanel Exceptionnel girl when it comes to my mascara, which reminds me, I need to do a post about that stuff...it's the shizz.  DiorShow mascara has never excited me - it doesn't really stand out as far as high-end mascaras go.  It's a bit too wet, makes my lashes stick together and smudges.  I'll use it anyway, I'll live.  The draw for me here was the quint.  Oh Dior, you torture me so, with your creamy champagnes and your rich taupes ... shimmer so glowy and easy to wear, and yet your little piece of perfection so tiny, how it fits in the palm of my miniscule hand.  This sparkling jewel seems to threaten to disappear in so few uses, it mocks me with its finiteness, but I simply had to have it.  

A Sephora.com exclusive, the set costs $24 (the regular price of the mascara alone).

4 comments:

  1. GAH! I want this so bad. I should just cave and get it. Damn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quint is shockingly small...like, "how'd they make it so small?" small. But I lovvit. The mascara blows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE reading your blog!!! It's a very New Yorker feeling!!! I am dreaming of going shopping with you at a department store in a cosmetic area. If you are fun of something, then I will be. Because you are a New Yorker.
    Please share your loved-mascara of Channel on your blog. You are so exquisite!!!
    Kumiko,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kumiko!!! NYC misses you!!! Will do a Chanel post soon :D

    ReplyDelete