Monday, June 1, 2009

Drag Me To Hell



Last night I saw Drag Me To Hell, the new Sam Raimi horror flick. I remember seeing a preview and getting very excited about it, because not only did it look scary and funny, but it's also relevant. That bank loan officer could be you or me, and that old lady could be any random loony off the street, losing her house, asking for another extension on her mortgage. Very mid-recession - nice touch with that. It COULD totally happen?! Ok, maybe not. Maybe it couldn't happen. All I know is that I had to go see it ITT (in the theater).

This movie made me laugh, made my palms sweat and made me cringe. I enjoyed all of the glory of the classic sound and visual effects reminiscent of the masterpiece that was The Evil Dead. It's hard to keep the films separate and if you see it, you'll know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment